Welcome To My Exciting Blog!

Live, Learn and Love

Saturday 2 December 2017

So Proud of Nigerian Brands

Nasarawa was such an amazing experience.  Fond memories, howbeit, I spent such a short time there.
Though the last day of the month was declared an Islamic holiday, business activities and the usual hustle and bustle went on as usual in Maraba, Kure local government area of Nasarawa. By all standards, Maraba is a very commercial city and strategically located between the FCT and the Northern part of Nigeria. As to be expected it is a city inhabited by a lot of civil servants who commute daily to work from relatively cheaper accommodations compared to that obtainable in the the FCT.
Finally got the samples of commodities I searched for that almost took me further north to Kano. Made-in-Nigeria brands such as 2 brands rice,  a brand of vegetable oil :processed in Kano,a brand of tomato paste made in Ogun state & noodles made in Kure LGA. Thank God Mallam Nuradeen made good his promise. After the cash transaction was effected by Merald Star  (my principal client ), I hurriedly dashed back to Abuja to catch the last vehicle back to Delta state.
Arrived home pretty late but arrived all the same. Despite the extreme weather conditions, excess luggage and the exorbitant fares, I did meet very interesting personalities to and fro the journey. One of such shared with me a very useful lead- a source for rice from his home state, Ebonyi.
The real sector in Nigeria may be a bit slow but must be commended nonetheless. Cost of production is high in our dear country but has not deterred positive value addition and productivity.
I'm so glad to be facilitating this process by providing business linkages for merchants sure how as Merald Star and Producers/Processors in a "Front End Business Approach " as I fondly call capacity building for startups.
Looking forward to the next adventure. 👋

No comments:

Post a Comment